Saturday, January 15, 2011

FatBoy Day 2

I’m at 222lbs.  Although I’m supposed to have another stuff day, I decided that my ass needs not another day of eating poorly.  Consequently, today the real diet starts.  I bought a cool scale that not only gives you the weight in many denominations, but also tells you the calories of the food!  Also, luckily enough the protein I bought was individually wrapped and fish and meat were very close to the 100g increments we need so there won’t be many leftovers.  Making the meals was easy with the measuring cup and the scale.  I suggest the scale because according to the diet, you must have a cup of veggies/fruit.  Well you don’t know how many calories are in that cup!  If you don’t know that, how can you count calories?  If I know that 100 gm of chicken breast is 157 calories, then I know the rest of my meal can be no more than 93 calories.  Now when I put the broccoli on the scale it is actual rather than the estimated calories in a “cup”. 
I made a mistake the first 2 days and ate 100g of cooked meat/fish so my calories are up a little.  I’m hungry especially in the morning but I get through.  It’s surprising how 300 calories fills you up though when it’s veggies!  We’re following the food preparation guidelines as well.  Broiling, grilling, boiling and poaching are the only methods used.  Just certain spices are used but screw that.  If I’m only having 500 cals a day, it better taste good.  I checked the caloric numbers for all my favorite spices and found the amount is negligible.  There is an upset stomach all day, occasionally with pain, but head-wise I feel ok.   660 cals.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on keeping people posted...tummy ache was from the two gorge days, I thought...anyways, nice blog! Very informative and cant believe you remember all this...your right on key tho!!

    ReplyDelete