Monday, January 17, 2011

My New Hero


“Let me tell you something brother!  I’m coming for you Tom Jackson!  I’ve been training, saying my prayers and eating my vitamins!  Whatcha gonna do when the worlds baddest linebacker goes wild on you!?!”
When I heard the interview above, the first thing I thought was it was a “shoot”.  That term is a pro wrestling one, which means the wrestler will do or in this case say something out of script in a display of his real feelings, which are usually negative.  Bart Scott really wanted to win that game.  He wanted it so bad that he couldn’t help himself after the game when Sal Pal slow-pitched those meatballs disguised as questions right in Scott’s wheelhouse.  It felt like Mean Gene Okerlund was asking the Hulkster- “After the ruthless double team attack from Roddy Piper and Cowboy Bob Orton, which left you bloodied and a face of Crimson Mask, what do you have in plan for them Saturday night in the Garden?!?!”  I bet if Sal Pal just asked his initial and kept the mike to “Black Bart” Scott’s mouth, he would have went on all night! 
He really showed what he felt about the Patriots organization, their players, their fans, and most importantly all the people that said they couldn’t do it.  To all the people on TV that predicted failure he couldn’t ignore at the most opportune time!?!?  Not when right after the game is official, you stick that thing in my face and NOT expect me to give a passive F-U to those suckas?!?  I see no problem with what he said and I absolutely loved how he said it.  That’s emotion.  That’s heart.  That’s pride.  I’m down.

No comments:

Post a Comment